- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs + 1 yolk
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 12 oz evaporated milk
Mix everything together.
Maple Whipped Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Beat the cream until it begins to thicken and get slightly stiff.
- Add the maple syrup and sugar to the cream.
- Continue whipping the cream until it forms stiff peaks.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chilled butter
- ice water
- Pulse flour and salt in a food processor.
- Add butter, and pulse until mixture forms coarse crumbs with some larger pieces remaining, about 10 seconds.
- With machine running, add ice water in a slow, steady stream just until dough holds together without being wet or sticky, no longer than 30 seconds.
- Wrap in plastic; refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat 375 degrees
- Put crust in pie dish and freeze until firm (~15 minutes).
- Bike pie crust covered 10 minutes then uncovered 5 minutes.
- Lower to 350 degrees.
- Bake until the center jiggles slightly but the sides of the filling are set, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Cool 2-3 hours, and serve with whipped cream.